This recipe is a sautéed of cooked artichoke hearts served with poached onion and sautéed ham. It is a classic dish from the Mediterranean area, more specifically from the largest artichoke producers in the world, Spain and Italy. It is served hot, which is why it is typically served in winter.
It has been consumed since the Middle Ages, and since then it has been considered a very beneficial food for the body. It is a vegetable that favors the digestion of fats, helps reduce cholesterol and glucose levels in the blood, and is rich in phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium and antioxidant elements.
Artichoke Hearts with Ham
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 16 artichokes (cooked)
- 200 grams ham
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 ml water
- 15 ml white wine
- 15 grams flour
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- If the artichokes are fresh, they must first be cleaned and cooked. If they are already cooked, then we can continue with the recipe.
- Chop the onions and cloves of garlic into small pieces, and poach them in a pan over low heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Meanwhile, cut the ham into square pieces and the artichokes into two halves.
- When the garlic and onions are almost ready, we turn the heat to medium-high and add the ham and artichokes to the pan. We let the artichokes toast and brown for 3 minutes.
- Immediately after, add a tablespoon of flour and stir. Then, pour in half a glass of water and a splash of white wine and return to low heat.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes so that the flavors mix and much of the water and wine evaporate. Check the salt level and serve, as the ham is already quite salty.
- BUDGET: low
- DIFFICULT: very easy