11th June 2021
Croquettes have traditionally been used to take advantage of kitchen waste. Although we probably see croquettes with ham, there are also many other varieties like these of tuna.
Tuna croquettes are prepared like any other variety of croquette, and allow us to eat fish in an original way. They are served as an appetizer, tapa, accompaniment to a dish or as a main dish.
Prep Time 30 minutes mins
WAITING TIME 2 hours hrs
Total Time 2 hours hrs 30 minutes mins
Course Appetizer, Side Dish
Servings 4 people
Calories 226 kcal
- 3 potatoes
- 120 grams canned tuna crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 lemon
- 150 grams breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Bake the three potatoes and boil two eggs.3 potatoes, 3 eggs
- Once cooked, remove the skin and smash both ingredients separately.3 potatoes, 3 eggs
- Mix them together with the crumbled tuna, a little parsley, a drop of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.120 grams canned tuna, 1/2 lemon, Parsley
- Stir the mixture and divide it in several pieces in the shape of small patties or cookies.
- Leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Beat the remaining egg.3 eggs
- Dip the smaller pieces of the mixture in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs and, immediately after, fry in abundant olive oil.150 grams breadcrumbs, Olive oil, 3 eggs
- Finally, put the croquettes in a dish with a paper towel and let them dry.
Keyword no sugar added
You can optionally add a pepper and half an onion to the mixture before smashing the rest of the ingredients together. Just chop these two ingredients and sauté until tender.