Baked Potato Wedges
These delicious baked potato wedges, also known as gajo potatoes, can become the next indispensable recipe of your cookbook. They look like McDonald’s deluxe potatoes, but much crispier and healthier. They are the perfect accompaniment for every dish, either fish or meat dish, or even the most delicious aperitif if served with a good sauce. The instructions are very easy to follow and only requieres a few ingredients. So, if you want to enjoy these crispy potato wedges, take note of the following recipe.
Details of these baked potato wedges recipe for 4 – 6 people.
Baked Potato Wedges
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 1 Knife
- 3 potatoes medium size
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees, with both top and bottom heat.
- Chop the garlic finely and heat it with olive oil until it begins to brown. Instead, you can also add 2 teaspoon garlic powder to the olive oil and mix.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes. Dry them and cut them into 8 – 12 segments each, without peeling them.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add the oil and salt, and mix well.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the rest of the spices and add it to the bowl, so that the potatoes are impregnated with the seasoning.
- Place them on an oven plate (you can use baking paper).
- Finally, bake at 200°C for 15 minutes, or until you see that they are browned on the outside but soft on the inside.
- BUDGET: very low
- DIFFICULTY: very easy
It is very simple. Once the potatoes are washed slice them in half. Afterwards, place the cut side of the potato upside down and cut it in half again. Now, you will have each potato diveded in four pieces. Finally, depending on the size of the potatoes or the thickness of the slice you want, each piece of potato could be cut again in half.
Yes, it is possible. The olive oil helps making the potatoes crispier and tastier, but it is not an essential ingredient. However, it is also used to ensure all of the seasonings stick to the potatoes. This is why it would be convenient to replace the olive oil with water or lemon juice.
Serve this recipe with your favorite sauce, for example, mayonnaise, alioli (garlic and oil dressing), mustard or yogurt sauce.
Easy, queck and tasty. 5 stars.