8th April 2020
Give yourself the luxury of preparing this fancy Viennese-style coffee whenever you like at home with this recipe. This old but still quite well-known cream-based beverage is very popular in the cafés of cities like Budapest and Vienna. Enjoy it!
Give yourself the luxury of preparing this fancy Viennese-style coffee whenever you like at home with this recipe. Enjoy it!
Prep Time 8 mins
Total Time 8 mins
Servings 2 people
Calories 94 kcal
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 cup coffee strong and hot
- 1/2 cup liquid cream
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream or cocoa liqueur
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Put a saucepan to heat over medium heat.
- When hot start pouring the liquid cream and then add the three tablespoons of chocolate chips.It is better if the chocolate has a cocoa percentage of maximum 80% and the rest milk, because if we use very dark chocolate the coffee would get bitter. Also, the chocolate shavings can be achieved by grating a hot chocolate tablet.
- Add the sugar and stir for a couple of minutes until all the chocolate shavings have completely melted.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, add the Irish cream and stir a little more.
- Finally, pour the hot coffee into the final mixture.
- Serve in a glass and garnish with a little whipped cream. Optionally, you can also sprinkle a little cinnamon powder on top of the cream.
- BUDGET: low
- DIFFICULTY: extremely easy
Keyword dairy, quick recipe
Bread with Tomato and Olive Oil