Banana bread is a type of cake made from mashed bananas. It is very popular in the United States and it is very useful if you have some overripe bananas at home.
Adding the mashed banana to the dough makes this dessert much more moist. This is why banana bread is so successful and so tasty compared to a cake.
- Baking paper
- 250 grams wheat flour
- 4 bananas better if they are ripe
- 150 grams sugar 75 grams brown sugar and 75 grams white sugar
- 120 ml mild tasting olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel the four bananas and mash them in a bowl along with the brown sugar and white sugar. If the bananas are ripe they will be mixed much more easily. Use the mixer to finish beating.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue beating. Then add the olive oil and the vanilla extract, and continue beating.
- Next, sift the flour together with the baking soda, add it to the mixture and keep beating until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Line a rectangular bread pan or cake mould with one piece of folded baking paper. Then pour the mixture inside, put the pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Finally, take the banana bread out from the oven, separate the baking paper from the cake and let it cool for some minutes.
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- BUDGET: medium – low